Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Entry 1


Britney Fuqua
Journal entry August 20th 2012

Subjects that interest me.
Places: Lost city of Atlantis, Bermuda Triangle.
Trends: Orbies, Starbucks, I-phones, Facebook, Boys with long hair.
Things: Things that are actually bad for us; but are marketed as healthy. Such as Nutella, Organic Foods, Living with an alcoholic parent and the effects on the brain, Bipolar disease and its effects on children living with the effected parent.
Technologies: Apple, Stem cell research, military warfare.
People: Obama, Marilyn Manson, H.R Giger.
Controversies: Fracking, Abortion, Gay marriage.
History: Women in history.
Hobbies: Esthetics, Body piercing and modification.
What questions can I answer?
Interesting questions?
Knowledge that is important or fascinating?
Marilyn Manson
·         Rumors about Marilyn Manson. Are the rumors true? Where did the rumors originate?
·         Who is Marilyn Manson, What is his background?
·         Is Marilyn Manson really that obscene compared to other musicians?
·         Is Marilyn Manson just an act for publicity or is he really as crude as portrayed.
·         Marilyn Manson being blamed for the Columbine Massacre and why?
Orbies
·         What are orbies?
·         Why are they popular?
·         Are Orbies the children’s toy actually harmful?
·         Have there been any deaths from Orbies being a potential choking hazard?
I think it’s interesting that everything I have ever learned about research papers is to find as much information as possible and then writing an essay with the information; I found this textbook very enlightening on how it gave new insight on how to write a research paper. The idea of answering a question and exploring a topic similar to a “geode” is something completely new for me. I also think it will be helpful to me to explore: Places, Trends, Things, Technologies, People, Controversies, History, Jobs, Habits, and Hobbies as a way to come up with a good topic. Lastly I like that this new textbook doesn’t seem like a textbook.  It almost feels like reading a novel. It made it easier for me to get through and I was actually retaining what I was reading instead of zoning out.

No comments:

Post a Comment